Going back to school always means finding a standout first day outfit. But if you don’t have money to spend don’t fret! I took old items from my family or pieces in my closet and used them in new ways to create unique looks for back to school. Whether you want to impress that cute boy or girl in your class or just want a boost of confidence heading into the new year, these old items or standout combos will have all eyes on you!
- Family Jewels: Raid your mom or grandmas old jewelry to make standout accessories the focus of your outfit. No one else will have the same outfit since its so unique.I used my grandmas old turquoise necklace, ring, and silver bangle and paired it with a simple top and distressed cutoffs for a Western vintage look.
I used my grandmas old turquoise necklace, ring, and silver bangle and paired it with a simple top and distressed cutoffs for a Western vintage look.
This gold cross, gold tier, and coin necklaces were also my grandmas and I layered them for a little bit of a boujee look. I wore it with white to give an ancient European vibe to match the coins and cross.
2. Layers for Days: Jeans and a t-shirt? Nah. Simple Sundress? Nope. Combine the best of both worlds with a flowy dress over a tee. Its chic and totally in right now.
3. Throwback… Monday: I bought this jacket in high school to dress up like the Fresh Prince for 90’s day. Yeah I was really into school spirit days but we don’t talk about it. I thought I would never wear it again but I paired it with some simple of athletic shorts and sneakers and I felt comfy, sporty, and a little more outgoing than usual.
4. Get Dressed in the Dark: Depending on how you pair patterns people might not think your having a bad day! This white dress was a little see through but I tossed a subtle plaid button down over my bottom and the outfit is now wearable. Pair with some converse for the perfect girl next door (or classroom) outfit.
5. Matchy Matchyyyy: If you have run out of clothing combos go with the classic pants suit concept and wear one color! If you find a random top and bottom in your closet that are the same color it will look planned but feel effortless.
Photos @alcxarguelles and geertoutofhere