We all need that one hairstyle that is going to get us out the door quickly, but also in a fashionable manner. The messy bun is a simple, yet tasteful hair routine that will get you looking your best in a matter of minutes. Let’s see just how easy and chic we can make this style look.
You might be surprised to know that a relevant factor to make sure this style is looking its best is to make sure your hair is somewhat dirty and free of products to begin with. How simple is that right? Another great quality this hairstyle provides is that it works on just about all hairstyles, as well as differing lengths. Don’t fret though, if your hair is clean you can always pull out the handy dry shampoo in order to add some needed texture.
How to Style:
1. Combine all of your hair up into a medium to high ponytail preferably. You can use a comb if you would like; however do not stress about having a perfect or even looking texture because it will not take enormous effort to achieve this natural look.
2. Depending on the amount and thickness of your hair you will want to divide it into several sections in order to create volume in all the right places. This will be best done by teasing the hair.
3. Now, with your rubber-band within grabbing distance wrap it around all of your hair until it is either tighter or looser depending on your comfort level and preference. Remember to not bring the hair fully through so that you have a loop of hair left.
4. If you want to make the bun bigger all you have to do is pull that extra hair through the rubber-band. This will also create more of a messy look if this is what you are aiming for.
5. If you want to pin any loose ends or perhaps let them fall naturally you can do so by either pulling them through the rubber-band, or hide them back into the ponytail.