Five years ago the fashion world was turned upside down after seeing Cara Delevingne. She was not another ordinary model; she was different from the bottom to the top. What exactly makes Cara so special? Let’s get to know this British beauty and find out!
Image 1: www.designscene.net
- ORIGIN: London, UK.
- Date of birth: 12 August 1992.
- Siblings: Two elder sisters Chloe and Poppy (also a famous model and socialite).
Image 2: www.justjared.com
- Family: Cara has noble roots. Her maternal grandfather was Sir Jocelyn Stewens, grandson of Sir Edward Huilton, 1st Baronet. Janie Sheffield, who was lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret, is her maternal grandmother. British politician Hamar Greenwood, 1st Viscount Greenwood is her great-grandfather. Cara descends from the Faudel-Phillips baronets.
- The British legend Joan Collins is her godmother.
- Sara Doukas, founder of Storm Model Management and the mother of her best friend, discovered Cara and her sister Poppy. Sara is also known as the agent who discovered Kate Moss.
- At the age of 10, she appeared in Vogue Italia for Cadbury ads and was shot by famous photographer Bruce Weber.
Cara’s professional career started in her motherland England after signing a contract with Storm Model Management. Her big break occurred while working in the office of Asos, where she was spotted by Burberry’s Christopher Bailey in 2012. After that, her modeling career blossomed. Even now, she is still associated with Burberry. She takes part in every their campaign, alongside celebrities such as Eddie Redmayne, Kate Moss and Jourdan Dunn
Image 3: www.okmagazine.co
She walks down the catwalk during every fashion week, being invited by the most famous fashion designers. It may take a long time to list all her collaborations with fashion and beauty brands! After naming Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Moschino, Jason Wu, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Stella McCartney, Dsquared, Lanvin, Givenchy et etc., you can imagine just how successful Cara today. She has also been one of the models in the Victoria’s Secret fashion show two times.
Image 4: www.fashionsizzle.com
Image 5: www.brittandwhit.com
Image 6: www.marieclaire.co.uk
Burberry (on the top left), DKNY (on the right), Mulberry ( left)
Cara often appears on the covers of all the fashion magazines, like Vogue, Love, Numero, Allure, Glamour, Interview and Garage.
She won “Model of the Year” award at the British Fashion Awards in 2014.
2015 is expected to be even more successful for Cara. She is to be the face of Yves Saint Laurent Beaute and Tag Heuer. Nevertheless, she does not stop featuring in advertising campaigns and fashion shows of other brands, earning her the title of supermodel.
Image 7: www.out.com
Image 8: www.londonbeautyqueen.com
It is also important to mention her acting skills as well as her musical talent. Cara Delevingne likes singing and playing the drums. She even recorded a song for a short Chanel movie “Reincarnation”, starring both Cara and Pharell Williams.
Image 9: www.lifestylevitaminsofmarissa.com
Image 10: www.annexmagazine.com
“I like fashion, but I love, love, love music and film; they are my two passions. I would love to pursue my acting and my love of music more than anything.”
Her filmography also looks impressive, taking into consideration Cara’s young age.
|2012||Anna Karenina||Princess Sorokina|
|2014||Reincarnation by Chanel||Naughty Barmaid
Empress Elisabeth of Austria
|2014||The Face of an Angel||Melanie|
|2014||The Feeling Nuts Comedy Night||Herself|
|2015||Kids in Love||Viola|
|2015||London Fields||Kath Talent|
|2015||Paper Towns||Margo Roth Spiegelman|
|2016||Suicide Squad||June Moone / Enchantress|
Image 11: www.alamy.com
“Anna Karenina” (2012)
“If I am able to carry on modeling, I’ll be very happy to, but my passion is definitely in music and acting. I would love to do what Meryl Streep is doing. Her or Judi Dench, or maybe Charlize Theron as well.”
- NPD Group states that for the past few years the sales of eyebrow grooming products have increased, thanks to Cara and her bushy brows.
Image 12: www.models.com
- In 2013 Cara was the most Googled fashion person in the UK
- Among her friends are such media sensations as Rihanna, Kendall Jenner, Rita Ora, Michelle Rodrigues and Miley Cyrus.
- Delevingne’s name is trademarked and only used for marketing purposes
- She is self-confessed tomboy
On the red carpet, Cara is a diva, however in her daily life she prefers casual pieces in a British manner. She is often spotted wearing beanies, sneakers and rock’n’roll inspired pieces.